Blackhawk Federal Credit Union was chartered in December 1974 and opened for the membership in April 1975. Just a year later, the Credit Union had grown to over 100 member-owners and $25,000.00 in assets. Blackhawk Federal operates from one location at 2358 Darlington Road, Beaver Falls.
Many milestones have been reached in the 40+ years of operation. The Credit Union has grown in excess of $14+ million in assets and serves over 1300+ member-owners within the Blackhawk School District.
Members have been loyal and supportive of the progressive services offered in the savings and loan areas. The Credit Union offers a wide variety of savings options and has written 5,800+ loans totaling $58.1+ million during its short history.
The future appears bright for the continued growth of Blackhawk Federal Credit Union, which provides financial services for employees of the Blackhawk School District and their immediate households, along with selected immediate family members and those living in economic households.